Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Sorry Binkalator




Martin
is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Besides being one of the most innovative examples of physical comedy, the show--often referred to as "The Black Seinfeld"--went to great pains to portray a positive romance between two upwardly mobile African Americans. Although different in so many ways (Gina was "bougey", while Martin was "crass"), they both shared a desire to be the best they could for each other and to create a safe, supportive, and happy home environment for their future together.

I loved how their relationship showed depth, warmth, and they weren't afraid to be silly with each other. When you have a man like that, don't let him go! They remind me a lot of someone I used to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla Back