Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Docs Galore!


May I ask a very vital question?

Who doesn't love Dr Martens?!

With the return of 90s grunge inspired looks to the fashion landscape this upcoming fall, it's no surprise that the iconic footwear brand is seeing a dramatic resurgence in popularity. From floral prints, to patents and bright magenta pinks, the combat boots have been spotted more recently on celebs such as Solange, Daisy Lowe, and even Amber Rose. French ready-to-wear label Comptoir des Cotonniers has decided to jump on the band wagon and have collaborated with Dr. Martens to produce a limited-edition version of the classic 1460 8-eye boot, set to drop mid August. In a brand new colorway known as "mousy grey", these beauties will retail for the not-so-cheap price of $190.

I remember my first pair of Docs in 3rd grade. My mom took me to Nordstroms to get a new pair of shoes for the first day of school. Being the quasi-hippie that she is, she was ecstatic when I chose a teeny tiny pair of baby blue, patent leather Dr. Martens! I happily wore them with everything, from leggings to my strawberry print dresses, until my size 3 boots became a bit too tight around the toe. Ever since then I've been a fan and have owned various colors over the years, from blood red to basic black and my latest-- a floral print. Docs are awesome, and so are the girls that wear them! Check out a shot of the "mousey grey" collabo below...


(Via Nitrolicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla Back